100 Examples of Verbs in Sentences. 100 Sentences of Verbs in Examples. 100 Verbs Examples. Examples of 100 Verbs in Sentences What are 100 Verbs in Sentences? Examples of Verbs in Sentences.
According to the English Grammar rules, A verb is a word that describes an action, occurrence or state of being. It is one of the main parts of speech in English and is used to convey information about what the subject of the sentence is doing, what is happening to the subject, or what the subject is. For examples: Eat, Run, Go, Write, Wash, Bring etc.
In this post, you will learn about 100 Examples of Verbs in Sentences with a verb in each sentence.
100 Examples of Verbs in Sentences
1. Go – She doesn’t go there everyday.
2. Play – We don’t play hockey everyday.
3. Jump– She jumps on the table .
4. Sit – They sit here every day.
5. Eat – Mohan eats mangoes daily.
6. Sleep– She sleeps daily.
7. Finish – He finished his work.
8. Graze – The cows graze the grass in the field.
9. Kill – The lion killed a deer yesterday.
10. Learn – I learn my lesson.
11. Read – I am reading Geeta.
12. Teach – They does not teach Hindi.
13. Beat – The teacher does not beat the students.
14. Prepare – Radha does not prepare the tea.
15. Cook – They cook the food daily.
16. Punish – I punish him everyday.
17. Help – They help the poors.
18. Leave – We dis not leave this house.
19. Earn – We earn money daily .
20. Drink – They did not drink alcohol.
21. Clean – Sheela does not clean her room.
22. Dry – Rama did not dry her clothes .
23. Come– Rama is not coming Agra.
24. Reach – We reach Agra safely.
25. Return – Ram does not return home.
26. Plough – The farmer will plough their field tomorrow.
27. Water – The gardener does not water the tree.
28. Pluck – The children pluck the flowers.
29. Face – They face many problems.
30. Starve – We do not starve everyday.
31. Resign – They do not resign this job.
32. Save – They save their money everyday.
33. Talk– They talk me everyday.
34. Fly – The birds are flying in the open sky .
35. Chirp – The birds will have been chirping in the sky for two hours.
36. Ride – They will have been riding bycycle on the road for three days.
37. Cry – Why will you have been crying on me for a long time?
38. Steal – The thief will not have been stealing money for three days.
39. Rob – They will not have robbed him by tomorrow.
40. Pardon– Ram will have been pardoning mohan for a long time.
41. Abuse – They will not have been abusing him for three years.
42. Break – I am not breaking a chair.
43. Accept – They will not be accepting their mistake.
44. Laugh – Why are you laughing on me ?
45. Sing – She will have sung a song by tomorrow.
46. Buy – Radha bought a beautiful dress yesterday.
47. Sell – They will have sold the tea on platform by evening.
48. Complete – I have completed my work.
49. Decide – The court has decided the case.
50. See – Your brother have never seen the Taj Mahal.
- 100 Examples of Simple Present Tense
- 100 Examples of Noun in Sentences
- 100 Examples of Pronoun in Sentences
- 100 Examples of Adjectives in Sentences
- 100 Examples of Adverbs in Sentences
- 100 Examples of Conjunctions
- 100 Examples of Affirmative Sentences
- Affirmative Sentences of Present Indefinite Tense
51. Live – When has your family lived in Delhi?
52. Get – He had got this information some time before.
53. Solve – How many questions has this student solved so far?
54. Paint – The painter has painted the door green.
55. Pay – Have you paid your bill?
56. Stay – They have been staying in this village for a long time.
57. Wash – Ritu had been washing her clothes since morning.
58. Rain – It has been raining since last night.
59. Wait – Where have you been waiting for me for an hour?
60. Roar– Has the lion been roaring in the forest for some time?
61. Complain– They had not been complaining against you for two weeks .
62. Study – Had we not been studying since noon?
63. Act – Mr. Dilip had been acting in films for fifteen years.
64. Decorate – Meera had been decorating her room for three days.
65. Scold – Why had the cruel owner been scolding his servant since morning?
66. Smoke – Had mohan not been smoking for some days?
67. Watch – Which film had he been watching for two hours?
68. Repair – Hamid had been repairing his car since nine o clock.
69. Cut – The woodcutter will have been cutting the woods in the forest for a long time.
70. Take – In which class will you take admission?
71. Catch – The fisher man will have been catching the fish for a long time.
72. Tell – Grandfather will have been telling a story for a month.
73. Speak – Why did Sarika not speak the truth?
74. Tear – Ram will not have been tearing his shirt for a long time.
75. Shine – The stars have been shining in the sky for two hours.
76. Throw– Those boys were throwing stones on frog.
77. Copy – Some boys were copying in the examination.
78. Make – Is this goldsmith making your ring?
79. Make a noise – The children are not making a noise in the classroom.
80. Bark – The black dog is barking on stranger.
81. Rise – The sun is rising in the east everyday.
82. Hear – The judge is not hearing the case.
83. Arrest – Will the police not arrest the thief ?
84. Stand – The boy stood on the burning deck.
85. Keep – Amjad did not keep the fast for a day.
86. Weep – Why does this child weep now?
87. Want – Which subject does Sheela not want to read?
88. Weave – The weavers will have been weaving the clothes for a long time .
89. Swear – Our prime minister will be swearing tomorrow .
90. Serve – They will have been serving their parents for a long time.
91. Sow – The farmer will be sowing the seeds in their field.
92. Treat – The doctor will not have been treating the patient for a month.
93. Trouble – I shall not have been troubling him for a year .
94. Tease– We shall be teasing him tomorrow.
95. Disturb – Ram has been disturbing him since three o clock.
96. Preach – The teacher has not been preaching their students for two hours.
97. Start – They will not have been starting a new job for three weeks.
98. Melt – The ice has been melting for a month.
99. Promise – They will not have been promising him for a long time.
100. Recieve – I did not recieve her letter yesterday.
How to use verbs in Sentences
A verb is a word that links to a subject and object to complete its meaning. We use a verb after the subject. A singular verb is after a singular subject. A plural verb is used after a plural subject in the sentences. For examples:
- Ram is a good player.
- She is going there
- It was hot yesterday.
- We have passed out tests.
- George never speaks the truth.
In the above sentences, the words in red colour are the subjects and the words in black colour are the verbs.